Synctoy type plugin

• Hi
    So I've had a MS2102 server in my home for years. On that and other Windows computers I've used synctoy. I like it because it's simple and it don't stop transfers on dumb errors like not having access to a thumbnail or some other silly transfer errors that can pop up and wait for a prompt before continuing.

Now I have a OMV box that I've built and I'm loving it so far. I'm a newb to most of Linux but have goofed with it.
    When I ran synctoy to sync files from the new OMV server as source and 2012 server as remote. The transfers we're really slow I thought.

So I was wondering if there it's a plug-in that will sync folders from my OMV server to the 2012 server without coughing up dumb errors to stop the sync.
    I'm only looking to sync these folders once a month.
    Any advice on the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks for the help. It's made me tired and I need to sleep before I mess with figuring this out.

Robert

• It dépends on the way the two servers are linked.

You can still use synctoy in Win 2K12 with a SMB share of your OMV for example.

For the transfert speed, that seems more of a network problem than a synctoy or rsync one IMO.

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• Yes you are probably right. Maybe I'm expecting to much I have allot off media being synced. And both machines are connected to the same gigabit switch they sit side by side. I was thinking the data would have to travel twice if I used synctoy on the windows box.
    And the first sync does take longer but I thought they were direct copys of each other. I'm gonna start it back up and just let it finish.

• How are you two server linked ? What speed transfert do you have ?

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups