Cant select Network driver

• Hello

I am building a new Home server and bought a ASRock B360M Pro 4 Board with a Intel I219V Network chipset. Unfortunately OMV 4.1.3 cant find the driver for it. Other driver wont work. Installing from a USB drive.

Is the Hardware to new?

• Nope, got the same Ethernet controller on my Gigabyte Z270N board and that's working fine, so that's not the problem.
    Did you perhaps disable it in the UEFI by mistake?

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Try updating your UEFI, might be something weird that ASRock has done that prevents it from being seen by Debian.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Hello,

Same problem than you with my new ASUS XG-C100C ... all is ok under ubuntu but i prefer omv than ubuntu server. I don't want to install debian before...
    I try to install driver directly but make command does not exist.

I've read this before post : Aquantia network cards on OMV

Kernel 4.15.
    ?(

omv 4.1.5.1 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.4
    Core i7 3770s / areca 1882-ix-24 / Many wd30EFRX :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don’t follow that post. That’s for a special network card not intel.

can you take screenshot of screen for this command.

ip link show

• Sorry but I don't have Intel ethernet card but Asus 10gbe

omv 4.1.5.1 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.4
    Core i7 3770s / areca 1882-ix-24 / Many wd30EFRX :D

• Try updating your UEFI, might be something weird that ASRock has done that prevents it from being seen by Debian.

No Update Available at the moment. I contactet ASRock support because i cant find driver that work then i try to install them manually.

edit: Windows 10 works :>

• I ended up having to compile a custom kernel, since for whatever reason, I couldn't just compile their driver.
    I got it working in the end, but it was a massive hassle.
    Also, don't hijack other peoples threads, as this is not related to the OP's topic.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TheLostSwede ()

• No Update Available at the moment. I contactet ASRock support because i cant find driver that work then i try to install them manually.
    edit: Windows 10 works :>

Well, Windows 10 should work, as there are obviously specific drivers for the network controller available from Intel for Windows 10.
    Intel's website is great, they are mixing up FreeBSD and Linux in their driver section...
    It looks like they have a "bulk" file will all their drivers here https://downloadcenter.intel.c…Driver-Pack?product=82186
    You can try that and see if you can compile the driver and get it working that way.

Maybe take a look here as well https://unix.stackexchange.com…ux-on-an-asuspro-b-laptop
    As it seems others are having the same problem as you. Have a look during boot to see if you have the NVM Checksum Is Not Valid error as well, since it seems like that's easy enough to do a workaround/fix for.

• Offizieller Beitrag

CHello

I am building a new Home server and bought a ASRock B360M Pro 4 Board with a Intel I219V Network chipset. Unfortunately OMV 4.1.3 cant find the driver for it. Other driver wont work. Installing from a USB drive.

Is the Hardware to new?

can you please take a photo of the screen of

ip link show

lspci -nn

uname -r

I assume you don’t have network card, so you have to login locally.

• Ok

I found an old card and after the installation and the update to the lasted build the NIC showed up both on 4.1.5 an 3.0.99. Maybee the Installation Files are not up to date.

• Hello,

I have the same problem. I am building a new Home server and bought a ASRock H370 Pro 4 Board with a Intel I219V Network chipset. OMV 4.1.3 can´t find the driver for it. I do not have an old network card. Maybe someone has the compiled driver for installing from a USB drive.

Thanks

• Hello,

I have the same problem. I am building a new Home server and bought a ASRock H370 Pro 4 Board with a Intel I219V Network chipset. OMV 4.1.3 can´t find the driver for it. I do not have an old network card. Maybe someone has the compiled driver for installing from a USB drive.

Thanks

Same as on my Gigabyte board, worked out of the box. Try updating the UEFI/BIOS on the motherboard to see if it helps.
    That one should just work I'm afraid, it's a three year old network controller, nothing new.

• Hello,

I've installed Debian with this iso-file on my computer. (debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso) The Intel I219V Network chipset is working. Where is the Firmware from my Intel I219V Network chipset on this iso-file? Can I integrate the firmware in the omv-iso? Does anyone have an idea and can help me please?

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!