Wifi Not Work on Raspberry pi 3 OMV 3.0.99

• Hi everyone,

I am new with OMV. I have installed it over my raspberry pi 3 and almost everything works.

But, i need wifi, and this is a things that not work.

First, i don't see my onboard wifi card:

Let's suppose i can do see wlan0 adapter now... and OMV too, i can add in networks interfaces an configure it...

Here is the second and mayor problem... the wifi not connect

Anyone have an idea or know about this fail and respective solution?

Thanks for all.

• Wi-Fi works even with the new and lousy RPi 3 B+

It's outlined in the thread linked from the download location how to set up Wi-Fi: https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/18991

This depends on the OMV installation being finished on first boot. In case your installation reports running on a kernel 4.9 this hasn't worked (no network or interrupted), if you're at 4.14 then it should work to follow above thread. Otherwise start over again from scratch and allow the installation to finish itself at first boot.

BTW: Wi-Fi on RPi 3 is too slow to be usable for NAS operation anyway. It's single antenna and 2.4 GHz only. Only with the 3+, 5 GHz and an 802.11ac capable access point right next to the RPi Wi-Fi would make some sense.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!