New 4.1.5 install - Using previous RAID-1 drives - Degraded

• After running a stable 2.x install for a number of years, I wanted to upgrade - different story though (failed)
    So I started fresh with a 4.1.3-1 ISO install. Installed all found updates after initial install. Now upgraded to 4.1.5-1. No issues.

My understanding is that I should be able to continue using my previous RAID-1 drives with my shiny new 4.x install.
    Upon initial configuration....I first plugged in one of the drives only. It was recognized and I proceeded to mount it and setup SMART.
    After that went smoothly, I then plugged in the second drive. The drive is recognized, mounted and all....but now the problem starts.

In the RAID Mgt section, it shows the first drive I plugged in (/dev/sdb), but not the second (/dev/sdc). In the "Level" column, it list it as "Mirror". In the "State" column, it list it as "Clean,Degraded". Here are the "Details" for this first drive:

In the "File System" section, If I click the "Create" button, The 'Device' drop-down only gives me a choice of choosing 1 drive....which happens to be the second drive of the mirror(/dev/sdc). Not sure if this has any significance though.

root@OMV:~# mdadm --assemble --scan
    mdadm: Found some drive for an array that is already active: /dev/md/Mirror
    mdadm: giving up.
    mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically

Is there a particular procedure that I need to follow to get the mirror re-established?

OMV 5.6.7-1 (Usul) Kernel 4.19.0-16-amd64 omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock , CPU: INTEL G3260T , DDR3:Crucial 4GB, OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ck42omv () aus folgendem Grund: root@OMV:~# mdadm --assemble --scan mdadm: Found some drive for an array that is already active: /dev/md/Mirror mdadm: giving up. mdadm: No arrays found in config file or automatically

• Offizieller Beitrag

Degraded or missing raid array questions

This post is always helpful for someone to help you. The problem you are having is you need to stop your degraded arrays that are on the system and then do a force assemble. I would need to see the output of cat /proc/mdstat (the most important raid info) to tell you what to stop.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Looks like I finally got it going....after a bunch of trial and error with mdadm. It's currently rebuilding.
    But....even after getting it going again, I still don't see the expected entry in the mdadm.conf file....so I'm wondering if after a reboot if I'm going to end up back at square one.
    Should I run a command in the CLI to add it? Or will OMV take care of this for me somehow?
    mdadm --detail --scan --verbose >> /etc/mdadm.conf

Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock , CPU: INTEL G3260T , DDR3:Crucial 4GB, OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should I run a command in the CLI to add it? Or will OMV take care of this for me somehow?
    mdadm --detail --scan --verbose >> /etc/mdadm.conf

Normally omv would do this when you created it in the web interface. Try: omv-mkconf mdadm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Finally did a reboot this morning. Looks like everything came up normally :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!