Mounting exfat drives

• Hi!
    I am looking into building a simple NAS for my home with a few internal and external drives. I currently have a few USB hard drives formated in exfat and I want to use one of them with OVM (without formating it before hand - I don't have a backup drive yet). I know that OVM doesn't support exfat by default so I installed the exfat-fuse from google code ( http://code.google.com/p/exfat ). And this works fine - I can mount the drive with:

Code
    sudo mount.exfat-fuse /dev/sdXn /mnt/exfat

And of course I can read the data on it.

And now for the problem - how do I make this drive show up in OVM web config and how do I mount it on boot?

• I don't believe that exFAT is automatically recognized by OMV. You can edit your fstab or create a udev rule: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-936634-start-0.html to mount it.

• I've been playing around with this and I can't get it to work no matter what I try. The fuse module loads at boot as it should and I can mount the drive with:

Code
    mount /dev/sdb1 -t exfat-fuse /media/shramba2

I also tried adding this into the /etc/fstab

Code
    /dev/sdb1 /media/shramba2 exfat-fuse user,rw 0 0

Code
    /dev/sdb1 /media/shramba2 exfat user,rw 0 0

None of them mount the damned thing on boot.

And I also put this:

Code
    ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}=="exfat", ENV{ID_FS_TYPE}="exfat_fuse"

into /etc/udev/rules.d/99-exfat.rules (as suggested by your link).

But the thing won't mount at boot and it won't show in OMV config.

• I understand that you need this functionality but I would strongly suggest you stop using exFAT. I was using it because of compatibility with both OS X and Windows... But I had data loss few times already without any reason. Folders just disappeared without any warning in any of my operating systems. It does not have journaling.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do agree with cloud06 on not using it.

Did you try the symlink option in the last post on the link from solo? Otherwise, put the following in your /etc/rc.local

mount /dev/sdb1 -t exfat-fuse /media/shramba2 &

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!