Several problems running OMV 3

• Hi there,

OMV was running very stable for about half a year now.
    Now I am afraid of some things I would like to change:

The SMART monitoring is showing a red status for the attribute name "RAW_READ_ERROR_RATE" -> 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate POSR-K 001 001 051 NOW 102366
    While booting the microserver is showing the message: "PORT3: NOT SMART-capable hard disk". Running OMV, SMART is activated and working for all hard disks. It is the same vendor and hard disk like the others.

Sometimes the system is showing this:

My solution for using 4 disks and running the system on a different disk:
    A SD-Card is pointing to the internal System-HDD connected to CDROM-SATA-Port. Since 2 weeks the system does not come up. In this situation it seems like the system is not able to find the system HDD, because the SD-card is not being found to point to the system HDD. After rebooting 2-3 times and nothing nothing different, the system is working as it is meant to.

So, some help would be very great... is the SMART-error a warning to change the HDD on port 3 ? And, why is the system sometimes not able to find the internal SD card ?

• Thanks for your answer... do you recommend cloning (image restore) the existing sd card to a new one without the whole new building process?

So, hope, I understood right according to the SMART message:
    Your list does not contain the raw_read_error_rate my hdd is telling me. Does this mean it is not important to change the hard drive immediately?

• Ok, re-biult the sd card... now, omv is booting without problems...

2 more questions, please:

1) I modified /etc/fstab as described for flash drives-plugin. But, do I need to activate the plugin itself afterwards ?
    2) HDD /dev/sdc is pre-failing smart-test (raw_read_error)... don´t really know how to test the file system. And, if I want to replace the hdd: currently the raid 5 consists of 4 x 2GB WD red. Replacing the third 2GB-WD-hdd (sdc) with a Seagate Iron Wolf 4GB, for example, does not lead to a problem ? Just shutting down the ProLiant, replacing the hdd, booting it into OMV 3 and the RAID 5 will rebuild all automatically ?

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I modified /etc/fstab as described for flash drives-plugin. But, do I need to activate the plugin itself afterwards ?

Not anymore. Installing it means it is "activated".

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The RAID5 uses ext4, yes.
    Ordered a WD red 2TB.
    There is no space left in the ProLiant, it is a 4bay server, filled with 4 x 2TB hdds. I have to replace the defect hdd.

Have access to mac and windows desktops, can use terminal or putty for ssh. Getting access to omv as root is no problem.

• Hi flmaxey,

Yesterday I removed the old hdd and switched to a new 3TB seagate iron wolf.
    The raid is working fine now and showing the status "clean".

Now I wanted to do a fsck.
    After executing sudo umount /dev/md0, it tells me the target is busy.
    the command fsck is not found by the system.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!