Moving External Drive to Internal, Unable to Mount

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved
    • Moving External Drive to Internal, Unable to Mount

So I'm relatively new to OMV but messed with it a bit on a Raspberry Pi. I had an external drive mounted with Plex running. The Pi was too slow so I've set up an old PC with OMV and moved my external drive to internal. I can see the disk under Physical Disks but it doesn't show up under Filesystems. I would like to be able to mount this NTFS drive without having to wipe it since I've already got a lot of data on there and nowhere to safely move it. Any suggestions?
    • The problem is NTFS. Since it's obviously a sata drive, how about connecting it to the PC with the drive dock, like you did with the R-PI? It wouldn't hurt anything to try to connect it that way.

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.
    • EXT4, a common file system native to Linux, would be readily recognized. NTFS requires a package to be recognized (ntfs-g3) and, as it is with most non-native filesystem packages, an odd problem here and there is to be expected.

In any case, you can use the drive as a USB attached drive for your purpose. Spooling media files won't stress USB connection speeds.

It sounds as if you need to buy more hard drive real-estate anyway. If you don't backup your data, eventually, you'll lose it.

• AlmightyHeretic wrote:

/---/ but I've invested a lot of time in ripping, converting, and organizing. /--/
      The time investment is what I worry about. I backup everything, to include the operating system. (I use USB drives for boot drives because they're real easy to clone.) While rebuilding the OS from scratch is a mere 15 to 20 minutes, configuring and customizing my server is a "work in progress". Recreating a fully configured server could take several hours.

And, really, storage drives are cheap these days. At Microcenter (in the US), low priced drives are about $30 USD per TB, in just about any size up to 8TB. So,, I backup all data as well, even if it's replaceable. (Again, it's the time consideration.)