AMD Sempron

• Hello, I wanted to mount an OMV nas, I spotted this processor : AMD Sepron 3850

OMV will be used to read my files with KODI on the network, maybe share a printer, and a samba server, is it enough as a processor?

• Transcoder no, I just want to transfer the movies on the network and read through the network so normally it does not transcode it sends directly, you think it can consume a lot by turning H24?

The motherboards for this processor have only two sata ports, would you advise me to go on another processor or use pci adapters to sata? I think the drivers are built into the kernel

• you think it can consume a lot by turning H24?

My prior setup with different Socket AM1 processor (Athlon 5350, which has the same thermal/power rating as the Sempron 3850), with OMV installed on a small SSD and no data drives attached yet: ~14-15 Watts at idle. I added an 8 port PCIe Host Bus Adapter to expand disk capacity (Supermicro AOC-USAS2-8LA), which brought the idle up to ~22-23 Watts. This was without disks. I used four 2.5" disks, set to spin down since the system was idle most of the time. With disks spun down, total system draw at idle was ~27-28 Watts using an 80 Plus Bronze power supply.

The motherboards for this processor have only two sata ports, would you advise me to go on another processor or use pci adapters to sata? I think the drivers are built into the kernel

Some manufacturers sell/sold Socket AM1 motherboards with a second SATA controller built in, although I believe most only added an additional 2 ports. So, if you need more than 4 SATA ports, a PCIe expansion card is probably the way to do it. The PCIe slot in AM1 motherboards is only x4 electrically though, even if the physical connector is a larger x8 or x16 size. So, if you want to use a PCIe SATA controller, you may want to check that it will function in x4 mode. Expansion cards are supposed to work in any slot they fit in (even if they need to go slower), but that isn't always the case so its good to check first! I had no issues with drivers.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!