rrd problem?

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• rrd problem?

Hi I am seeing this system logs reporting all the time. How can it be stopped?

May 4 10:03:12 openmediavault collectd[1120]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
    • tekkb wrote:

Then there is an option to reset the graphs, new feature in OMV 4.x. Do that and see if the error goes away. I suspect rrdcached is not running correctly. This should fix it.
      Thank you again!
      Your comments clued me in on this issue. After I tried omv-firstaid thing, the log showed 'flushing old values' and 'rotating journals' and then it started to work correctly so I disabled it again in effect. :)
    • I have same problem with rrdcached, with same log as few posts above:

canadavault wrote:

May 4 10:03:12 openmediavault collectd[1120]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
      I don't have /var/run/rrdcached.sock created, when monitoring is running. I installed my OMV in december, so it should be up to date, and yet I don't have option to reset graph in omv-firstaid. What can I do to have monitoring working?
      Thanks in advance for help!
    • I'm getting this on a new install to an ARM device. Every time I "apply", it ends with a message, "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details."

journalctl shows the message the OP quoted, many, many times.

Then the yellow banner appears again to say I must apply changes.

Using stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.7.11-1075-armhf.img.xz on a Rock64. HDD is formatted, SMB shares defined, but I can't see the shares yet from another computer on the same network. Still working on it...
    • Problem corrected.

I had followed the startup guide and set a static IP outside the router's DHCP range. But at the same time, the router showed its DHCP assigned IP for the OMV server. The router can "reserve" an assigned IP for a device, so I used that and undid the OMV static IP setting. I think that got SMB working, which it is now.

This cable provider modem/router often mixes up device names when listing connected devices. A curiosity.

I also rebooted the OMV server. No more error messages on "apply".