Web Interface File Manager

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Web Interface File Manager

Is there a web interface file manager available on OMV? I've hunted around and can't seem to locate one if there is such a thing.

If Not...

I would love to see this as an option, as this would be handy when added or removing hard drives and you need to copy data between drives I could do it through the web interface so that it doesn't have to create a data loop through a computer creating unnecessary network traffic.

Jonathan
    • You could also create a temporary rsync job that you execute from the web interface. It would keep running even if you closed the browser. The remotedesktop plugin would be an option as well.
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.8
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Web Interface File Manager

There were one before version 3.
      It was never ported.
      You can try loading webmin alongside of omv. It has a nice file manager. Just do not do anything else from it. Use only for file manager.
      For basic file move/copy a midnight commander should work well. If you need to go to different screen anyway. Also omv used to have shellinabox plugin which gave you command shell in a browser so you can run mc there.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
      omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
      SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
      PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
      IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
      OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
      DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T
    • I've tried Cloud Commander. While the interface is presented in a Web page, I wasn't impressed by it.

For disk to disk copies on the local machine, I'd use Midnight Commander. Performance is good.
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing

OMV 3.0.99 Erasmus - Rsync'ed Backup
      R-PI 2 $29 / 16GB SD Card $8 / Real Time Clock $1.86
      4TB WD My Passport $119
    • pleasae post more info about Cloud Commander, do you use docker? or how do you install.
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ;
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • Before, I did a direct install. Now, something seems to have changed with dependencies.

In any case, the web page supplies a docker install that worked nicely from the command line, in a VM:

Source Code

1. docker run -t --rm -v ~:/root -v /:/mnt/fs -p 8000:8000 coderaiser/cloudcmd

I was somewhat surprised - it seems to work well with a filesystem outside of the container. Give it a try. :)

4TB WD My Passport $119
    • Maybe I spoke too soon. I can't seem to navigate to the data drive.

Edit: It appears that the file list is actually "inside" the container. Using it as a Docker doesn't appear to be practical.

4TB WD My Passport $119
    • I did a Cloud Commander direct install, in OMV 3.X, with the following:

Source Code

1. apt-get install curl
      2. curl https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x — Node.js 10 Current | bash -
      3. apt-get install -y nodejs
      4. npm i cloudcmd -g
      run with:cloudcmd

4TB WD My Passport $119