• Hi folks.

This will be my first post. I just started using OMV and thought it might be a good idea to sign up on the forum as well. I'm a young sys admin since approx 2 years with basic knowledge of bash scripting and other linux stuff. Always willing to learn tho. I been scripting mIRC when I was young but now it's the open-source era so thats where Im at.

I have one goal to accomplish in the next year but I would need precious recommendations before starting.

The goal ?

• Run OMV on a RP3.
    • Create a SAMBA share with an external disk connected via usb ports of the Pi.
    • Give FTP access to the same folder shared with samba
    • Install docker
    • Install a Nextcloud docker image (and ideally give one user access to the same shared folder)
    • Install a Plex docker image
    • Create an image of that set up so I can maybe share this on Github or Docker hub. (Maybe that will be next year project, depends how complicated is this)
    • If the memory and processor capacity permits, install retro-pi on top of this that I can shutdown when I need to.

I'm pretty sure I will be able to accomplish each steps pretty easily. However here are the kind of tips I would need.

• Your suggestions
    • What to think at first
    • What kind of issues I might encounter
    • Is the Pi3 rev B suitable for this kind of project
    • Any other things that you might think of

Thanks in advance for the time you'll take to read/answer this post. I'll try to help the others as much as I can too.

L8er :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the memory and processor capacity permits, install retro-pi on top of this that I can shutdown when I need to.

Don't do this. Get another RPi for this purpose.

The RPi is slow and you are using it for quite a bit.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I use my Raspberry Pi's as single use devices. They are not very powerful. You might want to buy a couple of Pi's or reuse an old computer or notebook to do everything you want, then use the Pi as your gaming device.

I use my Pi's for digital signage and a Pi Hole.

• @TechnoDadLife ok. Good to know, ive seen a blog post reporting that when using dockerized services it can handle multiple containers at the same time but I guess Ill discover it by myself during my project.

Funny that I just fell on your YouTube video about dockerized plex media server. Was about to achieve this goal by following your vid and now I see you answering my post. How convenient haha. Thanks for posting tutos by the way. I subscribed to your channel ;)

PS: what kind of tools you use for digital signage ?

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!