Moving from OMV 2.x to OMV 4

• OMV 2.x
    • Upgrade 2.x -> 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moving from OMV 2.x to OMV 4

Hello group,

So, I have been running OMV 2.x for quite some time and it has been working flawlessly. However, after building a new system for a client I am thinking of moving up to OMV 4 on my own system and wanted to know the caveats to making the move. The system has two RAID 1 drive arrays connected to an HP PCI raid card using the HP Raid plugin. Obviously, I do not want to lose anything off the hard drives.....so what is the safest approach to reinstall the new system without losing any important data???

Thanks in advance.....
      1. Shutdown your NAS
      2. Unplug all data disks
      3. Install OMV on your system disk
      4. Plug your data drives back in
      5. Boot OpenMediaVault
      6. Switch to system >> Update Manager >> Click "Check" >> Mark all the updates >> Click "Upgrade"
      7. Switch to Storage >> File Systems >> Click your File System >> Click "Mount"
      8. Install your wanted plugins
      9. Reconfigure your users, plugins, services
      10. Done.
      OMV stoneburner | HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
      OMV erasmus| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive
    • One more thing.....I am noticing there is no HW Raid plugin available to OMV4?? How does OMV 4 handle a HP Raid array already configured on the card without the plugin? The system I built for a client was an HP Server with built-in card and I could not get OMV 4 to recognize the array I setup in the card. I ended up having OMV handle the raid array, which was fine. In my case, the raid array is already configured on the card.....so I am concerned OMV 4 will not recognize the array that is configured.
    • kjacobs wrote:

I am noticing there is no HW Raid plugin available to OMV4?? How does OMV 4 handle a HP Raid array already configured on the card without the plugin?
      The hwraid plugin provided information only. When you configure a raid array on the HP card, the OS should just see one drive. I'm not sure why the kernel doesn't see this one drive (has nothing to do with OMV).
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.8
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!