having a Issue with OMV 4.0 .

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• having a Issue with OMV 4.0 .

I am Using OMV 3x from 8 months and its Rock Solid, Simple Install, Stable Plugin and its worked fine, Its Awesome ...

Today I saw a post in FB "At 30.06.2018 openmediavault 3.x will become EOL. This means no security/bugfix updates will be released anymore. Please upgrade to 4.x to be up-to-date" so i think that i should upgrade. so i tried to download that new version but when i click download its show me that the new version is 3.0.94. which already i have . but i figure it out and download the new version 4.1.3 . I just Export my ZFS Pool ....

Lets Start the Installation. Create a USB Bootable Disk . Start Booting . got a first error "No Common CD/DVD Drive Detected" , Just Figure it out that boot from Ex-HDD that's why i got that error, so create a another bootable pen Drive. its working ... 8o I also try this command from shell ( mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /cdrom)

Then there is a Configure the network Option (Where a need to select Primary network adapter cause my MB have a 2 Network Card) in 3X its show me like .. eth0: Intel , eth0: Intel but in 4x its show me like eno1: intel , rename3: intel , and it is not get auto config from my dhcp. so i configure manually and Complete the Installation ... ^^ ^^

1st Boot
      After Grub menu its took 5 minute (cursor blinking in black screen) . wooo hooo i got the welcome screen ... :thumbsup:

I found out that i have only 1 network interface . eno:1 (One is missing ). i restarted.

2nd boot took same time.
      ipmi_si dmi-ipmi-si.0 interface detection failed .. I need Help here ..
      and i cant change my staic ip to DHCP . it wont let me save ..
      Do i need to run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade ...
    • I tried Omv-First aid . i configure 1st interface "eno1" to dhcp . its worked . then i connect 2nd interface "rename3:" and configure to DHCP . it work too but it delete 1st interface configuration and from web ui its still showing 1 net work interface .. do i need to update my kernel to detect my interface . from omv-firstaid it showing both interface.

I restarted .. it take same time and i got new error ..
      "a start job is running raise network interface "
      it take 2 mts ...

Edited ---
      I ran apt update and apt upgrade .
      after update then reboot .

my 1st "eno1" interface now named "rename2" and my 2nd interface "rename3" interface name "eno1:" . something is happening .. i dont know what to do ..
      Images
      • 5.PNG

8.56 kB, 554×257, viewed 26 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kreative_Joy ().

• If you want to configure another interface you have to press the add button and enter your settings. The interface table only displays the configured interfaces.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Thanks for Your Reply ..
      I tried to add but nothing there . so i delete my interface and tried to add and just found one .
      omv-firstaid showing both interface .

Edit:
      configuring from Omv-firstaid, getting this error
      Error:Failed to execute command'export Path=/bin:/sbin:usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin;export lang=c; monitor collected 2>&1' eith exit code '1': cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- connection refused
      Images
      • 6.PNG

22.55 kB, 960×516, viewed 18 times
      • 7.png

24.25 kB, 1,014×522, viewed 20 times
      • 8.PNG

26.41 kB, 959×298, viewed 19 times
      • 9.PNG

16.23 kB, 667×363, viewed 19 times

• OMV only supports predictable interface names, check major.io/2015/08/21/understand…ble-network-device-names/ for example. omv-firstaid is more simpler and does not validate the interface names, thus you're able to use the rename3 interface there.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • New

Just try to install Latest Version of Deian and I am getting same error in interface. Its Debian problem i think new version not working properly for me . :(

Edit : Just installed with errors . (only one interface working) . then edit /etc/network/interfaces and add missing interface..
      auto rename3
      iface rename3 inet dhcp

its worked but still can't find or ADD from GUI . :(
      Images
      • 1.PNG

21.18 kB, 866×257, viewed 4 times
      • 2.PNG

26.59 kB, 1,139×509, viewed 5 times