SMB1 & Zappiti.

• Hi,

I'm having a little problem with the SMB protocol. I just bought a Zappiti drive but unfortunately it only recognizes the SMB1 to access the network files.

Is it possible to enable SMB1 on OMV 4.x or not at all? Because without it, my reader is useless to me...

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can in the "extra options" of the CIFS/SMB settings. Try to add something like

client max protocol = SMB1

However, it is not recommended to use SMB1 as it is not safe.

https://blogs.technet.microsof…16/09/16/stop-using-smb1/

• it doesn't work either and apparently they don't plan to do an update to solve this problem there :(

Hi botteur,
    I had a similar problem with my Dune TV303D mediaplayer after upgrading to OVM 4.
    I found out that the problem wasnt the SMB1 (NT1) protocol itself, but the authentication method my mediplayer used (NTLMv1). As far as I have understood, this method was switched off for security reasons with the current version of the samba service (4.5.12).

I solved the problem by adding this line in the "extra options" field:

Code
    ntlm auth = yes

Now everything works like before the upgrade to OMV 4.
    The bad part: I really have no idea if using this option has a significant impact on the security of the Installation.

Maybe someone gives a comment on this.

p.parker

Odroid HC1 | WD Blue 1TB SSD | OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul) | 4.14.222-odroidxu4

• Similarly, after upgrade from OMV 3.n to OMV 4.1, lost ability to scan to SMB from the following MFPs:

Canon MF6140dn
    Ricoh Aficio 3025

Setting the Samba server Global parameter in the extra options was the only thing that worked for me:

Code
    ntlm auth = yes

Canon's MF411dw scan to SMB worked with OMV 4.1 and NTLMv2.
    Have asked Canon for a firmware update to the MF6140dn, but as last f/w update was 2016, I'm not holding my breath.

• I have two Windows XP computers that run programs that can't be upgraded to windows 7 or 10 and wouldn't connect to my Raspberry Pi Open Media Vault NAS. I used the ntlm=yes and saved the settings and now both can access it just fine. THANKS!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!