Missing Drives

• OK. Following my previous query about access to drives failing, I downgraded from v4 back to 3 which failed badly. I now have a fresh install of v4 from scratch and have a whole new problem. Everything appears to be working OK with the exception of 2 hard drives which were previously working but are now listed as "missing". They are not missing but I have lost the ability to make them function. On the attached clips, OMV6 shows the error from the log file. OMV1 shows what I am seeing in File Systems. OMV2 shows the drives listed under SMART that are missing which look good to me. OMV3 shows the manner in which the drive is listed in Shared Folders/Edit which looks suspect. OMV4 shows the Shared Folders view of the drive and OMV5 shows the entire list of devices with the 2 "missing" drives appearing differently from the rest. I cannot see a way at present to make them work. I hope the attached pics show the whole story and I look forward to some ideas as to how to get my 2 drives back without formatting them and starting all over again.

Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

I now have a fresh install of v4 from scratch

2 hard drives which were previously working but are now listed as "missing"

This does not make sense to me. If you have made a fresh install of OMV4, than OMV would not be aware of any drives and would not mark them as missing.

Did you just remove OMV and reinstalled it?

• Hi. It doesn't make sense to me either. Yes, I installed OMV 4 from scratch (I didn't remove the original corrupt version) which I assume formatted the OS drive. Anyway, unlike the earlier attempt I got no errors this time, the install went to plan. I obviously had to set all the drives up again which was successful for all the others but the 2 in question. OMV knows they are there yet says they are missing and I cannot gain any access to them to use them. I think after the install OMV lists all the available drives under DISKS which in this case was all of them. This is not where it says missing. They are missing under FILE SYSTEM. All drives are formatted for EXT4 (from the previous install) and contain lots of files. If I highlight one of the missing drives MOUNT is greyed out so I cannot mount it, even though it says EXT4. There are 7 drives all in all and 5 of them configured perfectly; 2 didn't.

OK. Change of scenario. I wasn't getting anywhere so bit the bullet and with a lot of difficulty (Windows isn't so bad after all) formatted one of the drives which seems to be working normally but I've lost all the data. The one remaining problem is I took the other drive out, popped it into a Windows OS and formatted it to NTFS which all went with the ease I've come to expect. I replaced this drive from OMV with another NTFS drive and need to format it to EXT4 but can't see how to do it from within OMV. Any ideas?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Qwerty () aus folgendem Grund: Change of situation

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!