Which plugins to keep

• OMV 3.x
    • Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Which plugins to keep

I've read the information stating that plugins not available in 4.x needs to be uninstalled, but would appreciate if someone could confirm my selection. From what I can tell, my 3.x system has the following plugins (Y means available in 4.x, N means not available i 4.x, X = part of OMV-extras):

Y transmission
      Y minidlna
      Y plexmediaserver
      Y locate
      Y omv-extras

N couchpotato X
      N sonarr X

N forkeddaapd
      N shairport

Is it correct that the bottom four are not available in 4.x? Of those I can manage fine without 3 of 4, but will miss Couchpotato. Are the plugins not available in 4.x now (such as couchpotato) likely to become available in 4.x anytime soon? Or the frame the questions differently, will I be better off waiting a few weeks before I upgrade?

Also: I've got logitechmediaserver (Squeezebox) installed the usual debian-way (apt-get install). Is this likely to be an issue when upgrading?

The post was edited 1 time, last by oipenguin ().

• Don't wait for OMV 3.x plugins that have not been ported to OMV 4.x. Many will never be ported. The Downloaders section was particularly hard hit.

The general consensus seem to be that Dockers are going to replace plugins in many cases. So just go with Dockers.
      OMV 4.x - ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380

The post was edited 1 time, last by gderf ().

• Forked-daapd and shairport are available for OMV4
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • gderf wrote:

Don't wait for OMV 3.x plugins that have not been ported to OMV 4.x. Many will never be ported. The Downloaders section was particularly hard hit.

The general consensus seem to be that Dockers are going to replace plugins in many cases. So just go with Dockers.
      I did the upgrade on a reserve system and it appeared to work great. I'll upgrade my main system as well once I've done a little bit more testing.

I'm not yet familiar with Dockers, but I'll look into that.
    • oipenguin wrote:

Also: I've got logitechmediaserver (Squeezebox) installed the usual debian-way (apt-get install). Is this likely to be an issue when upgrading?
      It turns out that logitechmediaserver requires libio-socket-ssl-perl which apparently isn't in Debian 9 and I've not found an obvious way of installing libio-socket-ssl-perl. That's something I need to figure out before I upgrade my main system. I'd be grateful for suggestions of how I solve this.
    • oipenguin wrote:

I'd be grateful for suggestions of how I solve this.
      Run logitechmediaserver in a docker.
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • It turns out Docker wasn't necessary. apt --fix-broken install solved my problem.

I started looking into Docker which is interesting but confusing. I've not been able to find a howto or guide which explains Docker in OMV from the basics. If there is such a guide, please point me to it.
    • oipenguin wrote:

I've not been able to find a howto or guide which explains Docker in OMV from the basics. If there is such a guide, please point me to it.
      This should be helpful - OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!