VirtualBox Error

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok so I decided to upgrade to v4, shutdown and created an image of my usb just in case, however once restarted to then begin the upgrade I receive the following;

Error #0:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/endpoints/lib/vboxconnector.php:220
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc(136): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\VirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

I have done some searching but to be honest I'm not sure where to start.....I have downloaded the virtual disk so in effect I could remove VB and just reinstall once the upgrade has completed, but I would also like to fix the error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

you have problem with acl on folder you use for Virtualbox. Serching on ACL permission vbox and give him a RW permission

That appears to be Ok, but after a restart I'm now getting this;

• Hi geaves,
    you may first check and install the necessary Linux Headers for virtualbox.

Code
    apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

and then try this three commands:

Code
    dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-dkms
    dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox
    modprobe vboxdrv

Hope this helps.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi geaves,
    you may first check and install the necessary Linux Headers for virtualbox.

Code
    apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

and then try this three commands:

Code
    dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-dkms
    dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox
    modprobe vboxdrv

Hope this helps.

Thanks, tried those but still the error The VM session was closed before any attempt to power it on.

All I wanted to do was to upgrade to OMV4 :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!