/srv/dev-disk....is not a mountpoint

• Why don't you use the backup plugin with dd full backup?

Sorry to butt into this thread but could you point me to any guide which explains how to configure dd-full GUI on OMV.. maybe also includes instructions on how to restore in case the main OS breaksdown ?

• Install the backup plugin and select dd-full.

One way to restore is as described above by KM0201

Thank you for responding.

I just finished making dd-full of my OMV6 installed on a 256GB SSD and have couple of queries:

1. The size of my backup file (.ddlfull) is just 3.9 GB. Reading other comments in this forum, it was my understanding that dd-full clones the entire disk i.e 256 GB ?

2. In case my OS drive gets corrupted, can i use this image to burn a new 256 GB SSD and I will get a properly installed disk that I can just plug into my NAS ?

3. in the Backup GUI, there's a last option called "keep". Does this mean the OS will automatically delete the backup after the number of days set in this option ? I have current set this to 60 days and configured "Schedule" to backup OS every 30 days.. If my understanding is right, I will always have 2 latest backups of my OS while the old ones will keep getting deleted?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The size of my backup file (.ddlfull) is just 3.9 GB. Reading other comments in this forum, it was my understanding that dd-full clones the entire disk i.e 256 GB ?

It does but it compresses the image.

In case my OS drive gets corrupted, can i use this image to burn a new 256 GB SSD and I will get a properly installed disk that I can just plug into my NAS ?

Yes

in the Backup GUI, there's a last option called "keep". Does this mean the OS will automatically delete the backup after the number of days set in this option ? I have current set this to 60 days and configured "Schedule" to backup OS every 30 days.. If my understanding is right, I will always have 2 latest backups of my OS while the old ones will keep getting deleted?

It literally keeps backups newer than the setting. So, it will delete anything older than 30 days if you set it to 30 days. If you only backup every 60 days, it will delete your backup. I would set it to a day or two more than your backup schedule. So, 62.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. check the complete file name; I think there is .gz inside which means it is compressed

2. you only have backup, if you have tested it; so test it - but yes, if you use etcher or usbimager it should work. However there are cases where users reported that it did not work - reasons unknown

3. correct, the plugin will delete backups older than x days

• Offizieller Beitrag

It literally keeps backups newer than the setting. So, it will delete anything older than 30 days if you set it to 30 days. If you only backup every 60 days, it will delete your backup. I would set it to a day or two more than your backup schedule. So, 62.

I'll have to check out the backup plugin again. Been so long since I tried it as what I've been doing works fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!