Cannot mount two filesystems after upgrade to 4.0

• OMV 4.x
    • Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot mount two filesystems after upgrade to 4.0

Hi everyone,

I've recently decided to upgrade from OMV 3 to OMV 4, update went well and I didn't get any plugin issues since I don't have any.

After the upgrade I was unable to mount two of my filesystems on the NAS, both are ext4.

I can see the two disks in the Disks menu, but in the File Systems menu they were in "Missing" Status.

Firstly I tried to format one of the two drives, hoping that by creating a fresh partiton OMV would've automatically mounted it as well, with no success.
      Then I verified that using SSH I was able to mount the drives by using

Shell-Script

1. mount -t ext4 ...

Other things that I tried are:
      1. Remove all the references to these filesystems (and shared smb folders) from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
      2. Perform a fresh install of openmediavault by using apt-get purge openmediavault && apt-get install openmediavault and using the first setup tool to configure a fresh install.

I am running out of ideas about how I could resolve this issue. Any suggestions?
    • New

vigenere wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've recently decided to upgrade from OMV 3 to OMV 4, update went well and I didn't get any plugin issues since I don't have any.

After the upgrade I was unable to mount two of my filesystems on the NAS, both are ext4.

I can see the two disks in the Disks menu, but in the File Systems menu they were in "Missing" Status.

Firstly I tried to format one of the two drives, hoping that by creating a fresh partiton OMV would've automatically mounted it as well, with no success.
      Then I verified that using SSH I was able to mount the drives by using

Shell-Script

1. mount -t ext4 ...
      Other things that I tried are:
      1. Remove all the references to these filesystems (and shared smb folders) from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
      2. Perform a fresh install of openmediavault by using apt-get purge openmediavault && apt-get install openmediavault and using the first setup tool to configure a fresh install.

I am running out of ideas about how I could resolve this issue. Any suggestions?
      Hi!
      Did you solve the mounting problem?
      I got the same problem yesterday.
      Is your file system ext4 too?
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest