Cannot mount two filesystems after upgrade to 4.0

• Hi everyone,

I've recently decided to upgrade from OMV 3 to OMV 4, update went well and I didn't get any plugin issues since I don't have any.

After the upgrade I was unable to mount two of my filesystems on the NAS, both are ext4.

I can see the two disks in the Disks menu, but in the File Systems menu they were in "Missing" Status.

Firstly I tried to format one of the two drives, hoping that by creating a fresh partiton OMV would've automatically mounted it as well, with no success.
    Then I verified that using SSH I was able to mount the drives by using

Bash
    mount -t ext4 ...

Other things that I tried are:

• Remove all the references to these filesystems (and shared smb folders) from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    • Perform a fresh install of openmediavault by using apt-get purge openmediavault && apt-get install openmediavault and using the first setup tool to configure a fresh install.

I am running out of ideas about how I could resolve this issue. Any suggestions?

• Hi!
    Did you solve the mounting problem?
    I got the same problem yesterday.
    Is your file system ext4 too?

• Hi!Did you solve the mounting problem?
    I got the same problem yesterday.
    Is your file system ext4 too?

Hi,
    Sorry if I am a bit late.

In the end I discovered that for some reason the file system of my drives was not proper ext4, despite I was able to mount them as ext4 manually, but they were listed as "zfs_member" by a command line program that now I can't remember.

So the only workaround I could do was mounting the drive manually, moving all the data to another disk and using the wipefs command to be finally able to format them as proper ext4 drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!