[SOLVED]Minidlna and larger mkv

• Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums as far as posting goes. I have done some searching about my main problem and I'm looking for a solution/answer. Currently I have OMV 0.4.35 running at home and I use it for a multiple of things one of them is using minidlna to share out movies to Blu-ray players. Almost all my files are mkv from 1-4 gigabytes. Every now and again I have files that are closer to 8 gigabytes. This will make minidlna freak out and stop pushing movies to Blu-ray players once it gets to the really big file.

From what I have read in the forums and online is that minidlna has some problems with larger files. Using the plugin from OMV is where my problems come in. Reading a different post in the forums I found that I can replace the binaries with a more recent and static version which includes libraries that are up-to-date from source forge. This mostly worked and if it is my only solution till the plugin gets updated then I will make it work but I was wondering if anyone had a better solution for making this work.

Things I have tried include using apt-get to remove minidlna plugin and package, apt-get clean, apt-get update, reinstall plugin from GUI, and then replace binary. This mostly works, I kind of broke it last night by fooling with the files.db and it would not recreate it for a reason or another.

I also understand I may have forgot a few details but I wanted to get this posted before work. If I am missing anything important please let me know I'll try and get it as soon as possible.

I'm open to anything, Thanks!
    Joshua

• Offizieller Beitrag

If replacing the installed binary with a newer version doesn't work, then you will need to use something else like plex (read) or twonky.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Here in a few minutes I'm going to reinstall the plugin and swap the binaries. It works but in the logs it appears to have problems even though it is functional. One weird log issue is an error of not having write permissions for the MySQL database. I don't remember the exact error but it was close to that if it comes back again I re-post with the error. Thanks again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

minidlna doesn't use MySQL. It uses sqlite. There has been an issue of not creating the folder (/var/cache/minidlna) that minidlna create the sqlite database in.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hey!
    Solved my problem. Currently I'm running minidlna 1.0.26 which handles the larger files just fine.
    The problem I had with using a new version is it could not edit the database file due to a permissions issue. In the preference file created with the minidlna binary it was using a user and group that was not already in my OMV user&groups.

I'm at work currently so I can't remember exactly what file I edited but all I did was change the user and group in the preference file to the user&group set up originally by the minidna plugin.

Now I can through any size of file in my folder and it does not crash the service. It also adds the new file I through in the folder to the minidlna database file right.

Thanks for your help!
    Josh

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!