Upgrade to OMV 4 and VB

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrade to OMV 4 and VB

The upgrade from 3 to 4 appeared to go very well, didn't take long, the system rebooted and I could login :thumbup:

However, I have one problem and a couple of questions;

Like many others VirtualBox whilst installed on 3 disappears from the services list, the output of dpkg -l | grep virtualbox is;

rc openmediavault-virtualbox 3.0.8 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      rc virtualbox 5.1.26-dfsg-2 amd64 x86 virtualization solution - base binaries

having had problems with VB (some of my own making) under 3, should I proceed with a solution I found previously and posted here or is there something else I should do.

I have Docker CE installed but under OMV-Extras the Docker CE does not display as enabled, do I just enable it?

Plugins, whilst the installed column is displayed there is no radio button/notification informing you which plugins are installed.

Thanks
    • try to load latest omv-extras to update plugins correctly.

some times, you need to unload omv-extras, and then load the new omv-extras .deb = OMV-Extras.org Plugin

omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ;
    • raulfg3 wrote:

try to load latest omv-extras to update plugins correctly.

some times, you need to unload omv-extras, and then load the new omv-extras .deb = OMV-Extras.org Plugin

omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb
      Is this not the latest one?

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.6 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

that's from dpgk -l |grep openm
    • Following on and running dpkg --list | grep "^rc" | cut -d " " -f 3 you get the following list;

btrfs-tools
      dkms
      imagemagick-common
      libasn1-8-heimdal:amd64
      libbind9-90
      libcwidget3:amd64
      libdirectfb-1.2-9:amd64
      libdns100
      libdrm-nouveau2:amd64
      libdrm-radeon1:amd64
      libenca0:amd64
      libgif4:amd64
      libglu1-mesa:amd64
      libgsoap5:amd64
      libhcrypto4-heimdal:amd64
      libhdb9-heimdal:amd64
      libheimbase1-heimdal:amd64
      libhx509-5-heimdal:amd64
      libisc95
      libisccc90
      libisccfg90
      libkrb5-26-heimdal:amd64
      libllvm3.5:amd64
      liblwres90
      libmagickcore-6.q16-2:amd64
      libmagickwand-6.q16-2:amd64
      libmodplug1
      libntdb1:amd64
      libonig2:amd64
      libopencv-core2.4:amd64
      libopencv-imgproc2.4:amd64
      libpgm-5.1-0
      libpython3.4:amd64
      libpython3.4-minimal:amd64
      libqdbm14
      libroken18-heimdal:amd64
      librrd4
      libsdl1.2debian:amd64
      libsigc++-2.0-0c2a:amd64
      libsnappy1
      libsodium13:amd64
      libvncserver0:amd64
      libvpx1:amd64
      libwind0-heimdal:amd64
      libx264-142:amd64
      libxapian22
      libxmu6:amd64
      libxt6:amd64
      libzmq3:amd64
      linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
      openmediavault-virtualbox
      perl-modules
      php5-cgi
      php5-cli
      php5-common
      php5-curl
      php5-fpm
      php5-imagick
      php5-json
      php5-pam
      python3.4
      python3.4-minimal
      snmpd
      virtualbox

While checking the status of packages using dpkg, it is possible to see a ‘rc’ state for some unused packages, this corresponds to:
      r: the package was marked for removal
      c: the configuration files are currently present in the system

In other words: the package is not completely removed (config files are still present), but not installed anymore (and obviously not used).

This should mean all of the above can be removed, which would mean I could install VirtualBox plugin.
    • Ok, running dpkg --list | grep "^rc" | cut -d " " -f 3 | xargs sudo dpkg --purge has cleared the rc listings from dpkg, it's also restored the 'installed indicators' in the plugins.

Installed VirtualBox and it's worked straight off the bat, the only option I had to do was to remove VNC to allow RDP connection from W10.

The only option I am now not sure about is Docker, the plugins show Docker gui 4.0.1 and the Docker CE under Extras as disabled, in OMV 3 that was enabled. Well pi-hole is still running so I'll see what happens when I upgrade that and install Emby in Docker....jobs for tomorrow.

Must say though the upgrade was straightforward, thank you.

EDIT: Emby and an updated Pi-Hole now running in Docker, Docker CE enabled in Extras.

The post was edited 1 time, last by geaves ().