USB HDD Migration

• Hi,
    A lot of what follows might be consider to be a bit off topic, but I feel some background might be usefull

I have been running OMV on my raspberrypi 3 with 3 external USB Disks for about a year now. About a week ago I finally decide that the awful file transfer speeds of the pi were just too bad to ignore, and so I decided to repurpose and old windows desktop machine with 4 SATA ports as a new OMV server. I reformated the PC HDD and installed OMV, then dismantled the external disk enclosure of the first disk and mounted it inside the PC and rebooted.
    The problem I am having is the disk form the old system (the one I salvaged) appears in the Disks menu, but I just can’t get OMV to see the existing EXT4 file system in the File Systems menu. I could patch the fstab file but that only get me so far. (the salvaged HDD is showing up as /dev/sdb)

What is the procedure to adding an HDD that already contains information to OMV?

Regards

binaryprose

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!