Need Advice about upgrading from 2.2.14 Stoneburner [More details inside]

• Hello,

Background information

I run Open Media Vault on a HP Microserver N54l

The system is currently running 2.2.14 Stoneburner.

At some point in the past I changed the BIOS for a custom bios that allows me to have additional features.

My system has a SSD drive dedicated to the OS, all the data is on a separate mechanical drive.

I would like to upgrade my system to a more up to date version of OMV.

I have PLEX and Logitech Media Server running on this machine, although I don't use either of them any longer. So I would be happy to remove them both.

My Questions

• Has anyone had issues when trying to upgrade with similar hardware?
    • Would you recommend I upgrade to the 3.x version of OMV or should I go straight to 4.X?
    • Is a 'fresh' install recommended or is there a way to 'upgrade'?
    • What do I need to do to make sure the upgrade is successful and I don't risk losing my data.
    • Do I need to worry about the custom bios becoming invalid and not working?
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Has anyone had issues when trying to upgrade with similar hardware?

I don't recommend upgrading from 2.x. Install 4.x fresh.

Would you recommend I upgrade to the 3.x version of OMV or should I go straight to 4.X?

4.x

Is a 'fresh' install recommended or is there a way to 'upgrade'?

Fresh. Upgrade is possible but difficult and then you would have to do two upgrades.

What do I need to do to make sure the upgrade is successful and I don't risk losing my data.

Don't do an upgrade and backup your data. Unplug the data drives when installing as well.

Do I need to worry about the custom bios becoming invalid and not working?

Nope, I have the custom bios on my N40Ls as well.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!