How to access the harddisk with the omv installation?

• Hi all

First of all I have to say, that im really new to NAS and omv/linux. With some guides from the internet I managed to build my own nas, installed omv 3.0.94, configued it with shared folders etc. installed extras, docker and via docker I installed plex, jdownloader etc. and everything is working just great!

The only problem I am having is, that while playing around with jdownloader I did download some files to my system disk (instead of downloading them on the other disks where I want my files). The system disk is a 120 GB SSD. With putty, midnightcommander, filezilla, winscp or the samba share I can access the file disk but I just dont find the system disk to find those files and delete them. Now I realise that this is probably a very easy thing that I am missing but please be nice I managed all the above without any help and asking here is my last resort before wiping everything and install it from scratch :P I know I could just continue like this because everything is working fine but my OCD just wont leave my mind at peace until those files are deleted. I hope someone can help me and tell me how to access my system disk.

Thanks in advance
    Hoschi

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you install the locate plugin, you can search for them. This will show you the absolute path. Then you login with winscp or ssh and remove them with an rm command.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Generally, the OMV installation process reserves the entire system drive. So, unless you partitioned it manually, your entire system drive will be found under root (/). You should be able to log in via Putty or run MC and view the root filesystem, but I don't know anything about where those files would have been downloaded by default, so I don't know which folder you'd have to navigate to.

Ah, beaten by @ryecoaaron. I forgot about the Locate plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the locate plugin first needs to create a database, which might take some time to complete.

Correct me, if I am wrong.

It does but it is surprising fast. I don't think I have ever seen it take more than 30 seconds and that is only for the first run (which happens when installing the plugin). The update button in the plugin also updates the database and it takes just a few seconds or less.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!