OMV clean update 2.2 to 3.0.99, user home path reactivation to Raid with existing user pathes

• Hi Community,

a month ago I updated my old 2.2 to omv 3.0.99. While I wanted to start installing my nextcloud for my family I found out that while I recreated the various users in the users setting panel, I didn't activated the paths settings in the 2nd tab "settings". When I activate it, it will ask for the path to store the various user pathes. I can use the various paths I use for storing backups with rsync etc. (e.g. the screenshot attached, sorry its german).
    My Question: what will happen to my existing user-pathes (same NAME as the USERS created) when I activate the user-paths in the settings tab and choose to use the /USERS/ path in my RAID. Will this overwrite my existing paths? will it delete the existing path, e.g.: /RAID/USERS/USER_X/ ?!

Thanks guys for the help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It shouldn't affect existing users but make a backup before you try and it won't delete anything. Worst thing it should do is move the user's data in their home directory to the new shared folder path.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!