User Backup / Fresh install

• I have a OMV3 runnig for quite a while. Now I want to upgrade to stable OMV4. I thought of a fresh setup to get rid of all old crap.

I have to migrate a Nextcloud installation and my OMV users, since I do not know their passwords.

For Nextcloud I found a suitable solution, but how do I backup and restore my OMV users? I do not need to backup their permissions, only user and their passwords, I can set permissions afterwards. How can I accomplish that?

I have a Raid 1 with 2x8TB running for availability, since my NAS is 500 km away from my usual stay. How is the correct way to remount my raid and shares within my new setup?

I use backup plugin to create a backup of my OMV-OS-drive weekly, I plan to create a clonezilla-backup before my upgrade to be secure.

I think of dropping my Raid 1 as well, I want to set up LUKS with the drives, but keep redundancy. My usual backup stategy is using 3 x3 TB external drives to backup essential stuff, since my shares are a little larger than that, I skipped on backuping some movies. So for setup LUKS, I need to keep these files on one of the drives. Is it possible to setup LUKS on one drive, copy my files to it and create my Raid 1 afterwards?
    My alternative to doing so is deleting some of the movies (DVD backups to use withihn LibreELEC) and make them later on again from my origial discs, but this would be a quite work intense solution.

Edit: I figured out, that saving /etc/passwrd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group is enough for saving the OMV users. I dumped SQL and data for Nextcloud. Also I managed to backup all my data to externals, so that I can clean my data-drives.
    I think of LUKS, BTRFS and redundancy. I read about internal raid function of BTRFS, so how do I set it up? For my classic EXT4-Raid, I created the raid and formatted the volume, do I go the same way with BTRFS and LUKS?

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!