OMV 4 Reinstall issue with one HDD

• Hi guys.

I have been using OMV for about a month without any real issues, at least none I couldn't figure out from the forum and/or Google.

Anyway, I have one now. Today I reinstalled OMV 4 and then updated as soon as everything was setup. Actually, I installed Linux Mint on the PC I am using for OMV to try something out. I didn't like it so I decided to go back to OMV so I reinstalled.

After the reinstall, I can see all of my HDD in the Storage --> Disks tab. However, if I go down to Storage -->File Systems two of my hard drives are not showing up to be mounted. They showed up fine on my previous install. I have 4 drives in total and two of them showed up just fine and I mounted them both successfully.

One of the two drives that aren't showing up I wiped and then just created the file system newly. It was an empty drive so there was no issue for me doing so. However, the other drive that will not show up to mount has all of my Bluray rips. I have them all backed up, so I could just wipe, recreate the file system and copy everything back over, but that is like 5 TB of files that I don't want to have to copy over as it takes about 5 hours to do so.

Any ideas what may be going on? I have tried to research this but I haven't been able to find an answer that fits my scenario yet.

For some extra data, each of these drives are 8TB each and the one in question is a WD Red NAS drive. All of my drives are formatted ext4 which I did on my initial install of OMV.

I know there may be some outputs of some command you need to see but I am not linux savvy enough yet to know ahead of time what that may be. So, let me know and I can get any further info you need/want.

Thanks.

• Thanks. I did see those threads before. However, I wasn't even upgrading from OMV 3 to 4. I was only reinstalling 4. Everything was working fine in my previous install and it was upgraded to 4.1.6. which I see from one of the Devs was supposed to fix this issue for those upgrading from 3 to 4.

I guess I will go back to a desktop install for now.

• I´ve tried both ways...upgrade from v3 to v4 and fresh install of omv 4....both with the exact same behaviour! Then i rolled back to omv3....god bless i hat a clonedisk image :D

I don´t know if we should wait just a little longer or what to do....

• I earlier today installed Ubuntu on the PC I had running OMV thinking I could just use that for a bit. However, it wouldn't read that same hard drive anymore either! Something about the guid table or something.

So, I finally just bit the bullet and decided to reinstall OMV 4 and reformat the drive in question and move all my Bluray rips back over to it from my backup drive. It takes about 8 hours to do that. At least now I am smart enough to have a backup because in the past I had a drive fail on me with all my Bluray rips and I had to go back and re-rip them all. Ugghh! I learned my lesson at that time.

Anyway, it's almost done now and everything seems to be working just fine so as long as I don't have to reinstall OMV again I should be fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!