USB Backup PlugIn Error

• Hello all. I have installed the USB plugin and have a 4TB drive that is formatted with NTSF. When I run it, I get the following error. Would someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Thank you for your time and help,

Dennis

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive -- /var/lib/openmediavault/usbbackup.d/rsync-a905b218-9d2e-4aa6-8a87-36886f13a4a7 2>&1' with exit code '1':

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; umount -v '/dev/sdb2' 2>&1' with exit code '32': umount: /srv/d4677fbb02020bf2e279cf334fe74837: target is busy (In some cases useful info about processes that use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(740): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usbbackup.inc(268): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->umount()#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceUsbBackup->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusWU...', '/tmp/bgoutputjp...')#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usbbackup.inc(274): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUsbBackup->execute(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('execute', Array, Array)#7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UsbBackup', 'execute', Array, Array, 1)#8 {main}

• I reformatted the 4TB disk and tried it again. This time I added underscores instead of spaces in the Disk Label. Edited my backup requests and it worked.
    That much have been the issue. Seems to be working now.

Thanks,

Dennis

• You meanwhile have solved it by yourself, but this is a common problem that OMV doesn´t like NTFS with spaces in the disk label under certain circumstances. There are several threads here regarding this issues.

In general you should use a Posix compatible linux filesystem instead of NTFS with USB backup. Only in this case you are able to restore your data with all permissions. NTFS with OMV is only intended for reading data.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!