RAID 5 is not reshaping after installing a further HDD

• Hi Guys,

I have a RAID 5 running with 3 x 3TB Disks. Now I have upgraded my Server with another 3TB Disk and I already increased the RAID-Size with this Disk but it is not reshaping. The disk is getting displayed as "spare" and everything else as "clean". What can I do to increase my RAID?

Here are the RAID-Details:

• Offizieller Beitrag

By default, the GUI adds a new drive as a spare. If you want to insert the disk into the array, you'd need to do that from the command line.

CAUTION: Any type of RAID array reshape comes with considerable risk of losing the array. If you don't have backup of the irreplaceable data on the array, "backup" should be your first priority.

The following assumes your array name is md0

On the command line as root:

mdadm --grow /dev/md0 --raid-devices=4

Note that the reshape could take several hours, a day or more. While data is still available during the resilver process, it would be best to let it finish without running new file intensives operations (Rsync job's, for example).

When the reshape is done and the state is "clean", you'd need to go into Storage, File systems, and "Resize" the file system on the RAID device.

If something goes wrong, that's not critical, here's a resource to recover your array. Recover array
    (There's good general reading on mdadm RAID at this site.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!