add additional volume map to docker container

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• You cannot attach volumes to running containers. The “modify” button is not modify perse, it just parses the curent relevant parameters and deletes the running container and creates a new one with the same params plus the ones you add.
      Make sure the image provides a configuration volume you can map to the host so whenever the container gets destroyed creating it again with same volume can have the configuration “restored”.
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server
    • subzero79 wrote:

You cannot attach volumes to running containers. The “modify” button is not modify perse, it just parses the curent relevant parameters and deletes the running container and creates a new one with the same params plus the ones you add.
      Make sure the image provides a configuration volume you can map to the host so whenever the container gets destroyed creating it again with same volume can have the configuration “restored”.
      This. +1

A container has an ephemeral life. It can be deleted et recreated as much as you want. If you bind mount your config/data to host (or use volumes) you will never lose your conf.
      I'm a Docker Technical Sales Professional.

1 NAS OMV 4 (Intel Pentium 4560 3.5 GHz, Asrock H110M-ITX, 24 Gb DDR4, 2*4 To Seagate Ironwolf Nas, 2*4 To WD red)
      1 RPI 3 seedbox with omv 3.X
      1 Backup Server omv 4 (core 2 quad q6600, 4 Gb DDR2, 2*4To WD blue)
    • RPMan wrote:

subzero79 wrote:

You cannot attach volumes to running containers. The “modify” button is not modify perse, it just parses the curent relevant parameters and deletes the running container and creates a new one with the same params plus the ones you add.
      This. +1
      A container has an ephemeral life. It can be deleted et recreated as much as you want. If you bind mount your config/data to host (or use volumes) you will never lose your conf.

Is there a simple way for me to figure out where the config/data is for the container so I can rebuild it?
    • The question has been asked - what docker are you trying to configure?
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest