OMV Virtualbox guests in ABORT/POWER OFF state after host reboot

• Hello,

I have tried to google this issue, but without success. I have a host on OMV4 with virtualbox plugin. I have 3 VM's (2x Debian 9 + 1x Windows 7). I need to keep those 2 Debian guests alive, but each time I restart the host, all running VM's are changing state to Aborted. I can start them manually via web gui but this is not what I need. I have tried to use VBoxManage, but output is clear. I think that user vbox can handle VM's, but do not know a password for this user. I assume that VM's are not closed properly.

I have already edited /etc/default/virtualbox and changed sections to SHUTDOWN_USERS="vbox admin root" and SHUTDOWN=savestate (have tried also acpibutton - same result). I have also tried to switch them to Automatically start via web gui.

Is there any way to start those machines automatically when host machine boots up and shut down them properly when host machine goes gown/restarts?

EDIT:

I have managed to log in as user vbox (su vbox) and can list machines and control their states. I have also managed to use acpishutdown instead of poweroff, so they are not in ABORT state. Still cannot run them automatically after host restart.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!