OMV VirtualBox 4.1 - "Advanced configuration" switch doesn't work!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You might be able to head off more inquiries by putting a note by the switch - "Toggling may cause a temporary Gateway Error."

It isn't just the switch that can cause this. Any change to the plugin can potentially produce this.

Now,, tell me what you have installed on your production server

Code
    ii  openmediavault                      4.1.7                          all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup               4.0.1                          all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory          4.1                            all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-locate               3.4                            all          locate plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         4.1.7                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-resetperms           3.3                            all          Reset Permissions
    ii  openmediavault-rsnapshot            4.1.3                          all          OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.
    ii  openmediavault-sftp                 3.1.6                          all          sftp server
    ii  openmediavault-symlinks             3.1.4                          all          OpenMediaVault symlinks plugin

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    ii  openmediavault                      4.1.7                          all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup               4.0.1                          all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory          4.1                            all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-locate               3.4                            all          locate plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         4.1.7                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-resetperms           3.3                            all          Reset Permissions
    ii  openmediavault-rsnapshot            4.1.3                          all          OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.
    ii  openmediavault-sftp                 3.1.6                          all          sftp server
    ii  openmediavault-symlinks             3.1.4                          all          OpenMediaVault symlinks plugin

That's actually very lean. Most of those plugins are GUI to config file entries or CLI translators (so to speak). It appears that the only plugin that would pull an external package would be rsnapshot. And, I see you're booting on a flash drive.

I approve! :D (As if that was needed... :) )

• Offizieller Beitrag

And, I see you're booting on a flash drive.

Kind of. It is a VM running on my ESXi server and the backing storage is a 1 TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe stick.

I approve!

Good :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

It isn't just the switch that can cause this. Any change to the plugin can potentially produce this.

Not to beat this to death, while noting (as you well know) I'm not a Dev;

Do you think there's a way to insert a wait state, to delay the 502 error long enough to give nginx a chance to restart?
    If that seems plausible, I'll file a change request / bug report to votdev.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you think there's a way to insert a wait state, to delay the 502 error long enough to give nginx a chance to restart?

I think this would be problematic due to nginx restart time which would influenced by many things - system speed, nginx plugin with lots of config files, etc - but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!