OMV 4 fresh install with missing drives (file systems)

• Hi I'm attempting a fresh OMV 4 install from scratch from a previous OMV 3.x updated install. I have an SSD for the OS and 5 HD's formatted with ext4 in the previous OMV version. Note no RAID. After the successful OMV 4 install I've noticed all drives are visible in the Physical Disks table but two drives are missing in the File Systems folder. No matter what I try, I can't get these drives in the file system and then mounted.
    I've tried:
    1. Multiple re-installs
    2. Manually created an entry in fstab and mounted successfully, but this vanishes with reboot
    3. "Create" file system: tried to recreate the file system wiping out all my old files. Formatting looks like it's working with Status=Initializing, but when done the entry vanishes again

I'm out of ideas. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kris

• Similar issue here: ext4 created in omv3 with raid1 (mirror), upgraded to omv4. After the upgrade the filesystem tab shows missing entries. In physical disks and raid mgmt the former entries show up.

• For me the "File Systems" option has disappeared entirely. Is this a kernel bug too?
    Gee, I wonder why I'm even still running OMV, since most, if not all, my issues involve admin and config outside of OMV.

I installed and use Webmin, to handle these issues. It's quite good. It does all that OMV fails to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For me the "File Systems" option has disappeared entirely. Is this a kernel bug too?
    Gee, I wonder why I'm even still running OMV, since most, if not all, my issues involve admin and config outside of OMV.

I installed and use Webmin, to handle these issues. It's quite good. It does all that OMV fails to do.

Volker posted in the other thread on this issue it was a typo in the update.. I'm guessing he'll push an update to fix it as soon as time allows. (you're responding to a post that is 6mo old... this issue was fixed and is completely different currently causing the missing filesystems section)

Some of you folks have absolutely zero patience.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!