openmediavault-luksencryption 3.0.3: shared folders issue

• Hi there,

I got an encrypted partition and I use shared folders there for NFS sharing.

Simple scenario to describe a problem and a workaround I apply each time:

1. I reboot the server completely.
    2. Once it's online I need to unlock the encrypted partition from admin page, I do this without any issue.
    3. NFS access do not work for shared folders placed on encrypted partition.
    4. I need to make ANY change on ANY shared folder (even outside of encrypted partition) like for example temporarily adding/removing privileges.
    5. 'The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.' alert pops up and I click 'apply'.
    6. after above I can access NFS shares on encrypted partition without any issues.

It seems after unlocking the partition some OMV configuration needs to be reloaded to get NFS working for shared folders on encrypted partition.

Is there any chance to implement an improvement in the plug-in so it won't be necessary to perform such a workaround anymore?

Thank you so much!
    K

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any chance to implement an improvement in the plug-in so it won't be necessary to perform such a workaround anymore?

The problem is the system tries mount filesystems at boot and not after unlock. I guess we could have the plugin try a mount -a after unlocking a filesystem but that may have some weird behaviors.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks so much for your reply.

Definitely this might be the case. For unlocking encrypted partition there could be an optional tick to mark to remount related mountpoints or to perform simple mount all on own risk. This option would definitely do the work!

K

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!