Raspberry pi 3 B+ OMV4 SMB speed only up 3.5MB/s down 11MB/s what do i do?

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Raspberry pi 3 B+ OMV4 SMB speed only up 3.5MB/s down 11MB/s what do i do?

Recently i bought Raspberry pi 3 B+ and TEST.

First Install OMV 3.0.99 for Raspberry pi and upgrade to OMV 4.1.7 succesfully.

But Raspberry pi 3 B+ OMV4 SMB speed only up 3.5MB/s down 11MB/s what do i do?

PC specs : Windows 10 PRO RS4 XEON E3-1231-V3 16G RAM H97 MB with INTEL 1218V ( SMB3_11 )

Raspberry pi 3 B+ specs : OMV installed SD card (100MB/s for 4K video V30 A1) / and SHARED FOLRDER to USB SATA3 5400rpm 1T HDD

IN OMV, everything updated and I heard OMV for raspberry pi image is alreday optimized network so i didn't change anything. (Samba version 4.5.12-Debian)

I know Raspberry pi 3 B+ lan is upgraded to 300mbps link with USB.
      OMV say eth0 is set 100mbps .

and All cable set CAT.7

The post was edited 5 times, last by ableday ().

• ableday wrote:

OMV say eth0 is set 100mbps
      Set to 100 MBits/sec by intention since the Gigabit Ethernet didn't work on this board and manufacturer neither tested nor cared: [Solved] OpenMediaVault is incompatible with Raspberry PI 3B+?

If you know what you're doing and the RPi clowns got their Gigabit Ethernet problems fixed you can switch from Fast Ethernet to crippled RPi GbE by removing one line in /etc/rc.local. If performance is not as expected you should realize that you simply bought the wrong device.