Virtualbox server cannot start after UPDATE

• Ok after some invstigate here we have :

- As alwyas I set virtualbox create in a drive share folder named "Virtualbox". So if a VM is created it must appears here.
    IMG 001.png

- Instead the VM entire folder appear in root/Virtualbox VMs
    IMG 002.png

This change in plugins config make all my VM crush after its update (manually done in update manager) very probably !

To compare, this is a "standard" configuration that VM are in correct folder : srv/dev-disk-by+label-.../Virtualbox
    IMG 003.png

My config was like this [IMG 003.png] before all crush after the "famous" update !

Question : Can someone please clarify this situation ? Should I continue to use omv3.x and Virtbox ? Will this occur again and again in future ?
    This is important we know that because it DANGEROUS !!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should I continue to use omv3.x and Virtbox ?

If that is what works for you, yes. I can't replicate most of these problems people are having. So, it is very hard to fix or recommend a fix.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• we see clearly that before the VM are in

Zitat

srv/dev-disk-by+label-.../Virtualbox

Now they are in

Zitat

root/Virtualbox VMs

So that normal that it all crash after update. The system cannot find the VM folders...

Question : could u update the plugin and set the VM folder like before... srv/dev-disk-by+label-.../ (NOT root/Virtualbox VMs ) ??

Thx.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now they are in

I have read through this from the start and for someone who has had their own problems with VB and got them sorted VB is not referenced via /root/Virtualbox VM's I have that on my own system.

Start by moving the Windows 7.vdi (I moved/copied mine to my W10 laptop using WinSCP) then remove the plugin and do apt-clean form the omv-extras menu.

Then have a look at my own solution here what you also need to do is to deleted any folders related to Windows 7 in your Virtualbox share. When that's done copy the Windows 7.vdi back to your Virtualbox folder. Install the plugin and start the setup of Windows 7 at the point of asking for a vdi select use existing and point the .vdi you have upload, this should now work.

My own remaining problem was to get RDP working as VB defaults to VNC but the info is on here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

now if we can more just a plugin function just like before.

The plugin hasn't changed.

could u update the plugin and set the VM folder like before... srv/dev-disk-by+label-.../ (NOT root/Virtualbox VMs ) ??

The plugin isn't doing this. Something is wrong with your system. As you can see here, the code that sets the VM folder hasn't changed in over a year.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Install a clean OMV3 to a new machine new HDD. After install extras and update (CLI apt-get update then apt-get upgrade) I would install Virtualbox :

||||||

• I install clean (not upgrade !) OMV4 then Virtualbox (clean). All clean with HDD totally blank. So here we are : try for 1st VM and BAM! VM cannot start .... !!!

Problem is endless these time with OMV.. Its just me or...... ??

||||||||||

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!