Monitor Fault

• I have recently installed a fresh copy of OMV (vs4) and immediately after the installation completed I got the following error at boot time:

kernel: [1950.194408] [drm:radeon_vga_detect [radeon]] *ERROR* VGA-1: probed a monitor but no|invalid EDID.

When the system is booting it gets stuck on this error over and over again in an endless loop while it keeps retrying and appears to not complete the boot process, however it seems to be otherwise working in that I am able to access shares over the network. Any ideas please? I have been using OMV for many years and not seen this issue on the same monitor and VGA card. As it is an onboard card I won't be changing it any time soon.

Thanks

PS: Has nobody any ideas on this??

I would really like some help with this as OMV will not boot past this monitor error now at all. Is there nobody out there prepared to offer some support?

OK. 67 views and not one attempt to answer. I'm wasting my time here. Am I doing something wrong? What is the problem?

OK - I give up. Waste of space

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Qwerty () aus folgendem Grund: Long time no hear.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK. 67 views and not one attempt to answer. I'm wasting my time here. Am I doing something wrong? What is the problem?

OK - I give up. Waste of space

67 views could have all been search engines. Hard to find good free help...

DId you try:

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

change the line:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
    to:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="nomodeset"

ctrl-o to save, ctrl-x to exit

update grub

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!