openmediavault-nginx Still Uses PHP 5 After Upgrade

    • OMV 4.x

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • openmediavault-nginx Still Uses PHP 5 After Upgrade

      It is my understanding that the openmediavault-nginx plugin for OMV 4 has been updated to support PHP 7, but my NextCloud installation that I host via this plugin is still using PHP 5. I tried creating a new PHP pool to solve this, but doing so is not working properly, and I get bad gateway errors. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
    • David B wrote:

      It is my understanding that the openmediavault-nginx plugin for OMV 4 has been updated to support PHP 7, but my NextCloud installation that I host via this plugin is still using PHP 5. I tried creating a new PHP pool to solve this, but doing so is not working properly, and I get bad gateway errors. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
      As you can see here, the 4.x plugin is only writing php7 configs. So, you either have an old version of the plugin still installed or your configs haven't been re-written. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      David B wrote:

      It is my understanding that the openmediavault-nginx plugin for OMV 4 has been updated to support PHP 7, but my NextCloud installation that I host via this plugin is still using PHP 5. I tried creating a new PHP pool to solve this, but doing so is not working properly, and I get bad gateway errors. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
      As you can see here, the 4.x plugin is only writing php7 configs. So, you either have an old version of the plugin still installed or your configs haven't been re-written. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm
      Here is the output of the command:

      Source Code

      1. ii openmediavault 4.1.7 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
      2. ii openmediavault-goodsync 1.0.1 all This plugin simplifies the use of GoodSync on OpenMediaVault 3.
      3. ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
      4. ii openmediavault-letsencrypt 3.4.5 all Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
      5. ii openmediavault-mysql 3.0.4 all MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      6. ii openmediavault-nginx 3.0.11 all Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      7. ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.30 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
      8. ii openmediavault-openvpn 4.0 all OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      9. ii openmediavault-resetperms 3.3 all Reset Permissions
      10. ii openmediavault-wol 3.3 all OpenMediaVault WOL plugin
      If I am running an old version of the plugin, then something has gone wrong with the repository configuration because the OpenVPN plugin did not update to 4.0 properly either.
    • David B wrote:

      If I am running an old version of the plugin, then something has gone wrong with the repository configuration because the OpenVPN plugin did not update to 4.0 properly either.
      None of your omv-extras plugins were upgraded because omv-extras was never upgraded itself. Fix that with wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash. Then the other plugins should have updates available.
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      David B wrote:

      If I am running an old version of the plugin, then something has gone wrong with the repository configuration because the OpenVPN plugin did not update to 4.0 properly either.
      None of your omv-extras plugins were upgraded because omv-extras was never upgraded itself. Fix that with wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash. Then the other plugins should have updates available.
      Yeah I actually ended up doing just that after noticing the same thing and it appears that the upgrade has worked, but now I'm getting Bad Gateway errors on my NextCloud instance. Does the upgrade require the PHP pool to be recreated?
    • David B wrote:

      Does the upgrade require the PHP pool to be recreated?
      No. It needs the configs recreated. Just do:
      omv-mkconf nginx
      omv-mkconf php-fpm
      systemctl restart nginx
      systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!