openmediavault-nginx Still Uses PHP 5 After Upgrade

• It is my understanding that the openmediavault-nginx plugin for OMV 4 has been updated to support PHP 7, but my NextCloud installation that I host via this plugin is still using PHP 5. I tried creating a new PHP pool to solve this, but doing so is not working properly, and I get bad gateway errors. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is my understanding that the openmediavault-nginx plugin for OMV 4 has been updated to support PHP 7, but my NextCloud installation that I host via this plugin is still using PHP 5. I tried creating a new PHP pool to solve this, but doing so is not working properly, and I get bad gateway errors. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

As you can see here, the 4.x plugin is only writing php7 configs. So, you either have an old version of the plugin still installed or your configs haven't been re-written. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• As you can see here, the 4.x plugin is only writing php7 configs. So, you either have an old version of the plugin still installed or your configs haven't been re-written. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

Here is the output of the command:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                   4.1.7                          all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-goodsync          1.0.1                          all          This plugin simplifies the use of GoodSync on OpenMediaVault 3.
    ii  openmediavault-keyring           1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-letsencrypt       3.4.5                          all          Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    ii  openmediavault-mysql             3.0.4                          all          MySQL plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-nginx             3.0.11                         all          Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg      3.4.30                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-openvpn           4.0                            all          OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-resetperms        3.3                            all          Reset Permissions
    ii  openmediavault-wol               3.3                            all          OpenMediaVault WOL plugin

If I am running an old version of the plugin, then something has gone wrong with the repository configuration because the OpenVPN plugin did not update to 4.0 properly either.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I am running an old version of the plugin, then something has gone wrong with the repository configuration because the OpenVPN plugin did not update to 4.0 properly either.

None of your omv-extras plugins were upgraded because omv-extras was never upgraded itself. Fix that with wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash. Then the other plugins should have updates available.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• None of your omv-extras plugins were upgraded because omv-extras was never upgraded itself. Fix that with wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash. Then the other plugins should have updates available.

Yeah I actually ended up doing just that after noticing the same thing and it appears that the upgrade has worked, but now I'm getting Bad Gateway errors on my NextCloud instance. Does the upgrade require the PHP pool to be recreated?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does the upgrade require the PHP pool to be recreated?

No. It needs the configs recreated. Just do:
    omv-mkconf nginx
    omv-mkconf php-fpm
    systemctl restart nginx
    systemctl restart php7.0-fpm

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!