Some errors after upgrade

• HI.

I just did the upgrade from 3 to 4. First omv-update, all was in final stage already, then omv-release-upgrade.

It worked quite smooth. After reboot I could log in and first started the updates again.

Few things I have problems:

First: I miss all the small radio buttons, for example if a plugin is installed or not, if a share (SMB for example) is active or not. All these buttons are missed everywhere.

Second: When I want to enter raid or filesystem I get an error: Invalid RPC Response. In details it says:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('RaidMgmt', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Third: I just got an email from the system:

Code
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Any ideas?

Rest seems to work.

Regards and thanks for help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Part of that seems like you need to clear your browser cache. The other part seems like a plugin or two didn't get upgraded. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Right, button problem was browser cache!

Output:

• Ok. I figured it out. Problem was the omvextraorg. It was not updated and all of the plugins also not.

So I first installed omvextraorg 4.x via the extensions. Then within extraorg I did an Apt Clean and Renew. After that I did another update of OMV. Now I have all plugins as latest versions, also I can access all the filesystem and Raid. No error anymore!

Do you think I can leave it like that without having any problems in future?

Two more questions:

I had the plexmedia plugin installed. After the whole update process plex is still working fine. But in the OMV-extras the button of plexmedia repo is not green....Any idea what I can do?

And then do you know what this process is doing always around 11%?

2526 root 20 0 43148 3268 2684 R 11.8 0.1 0:00.04 top

Thanks a lot for your help!

• ah ok.

I use it on a Hyper-V in a virtual system since OMV 2 and it works very nice.

@ryecoaaron:

With my solution as described above do you think all is fixed so no problems for the future? Any idea why it did not update omvextraorg directly during upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

With my solution as described above do you think all is fixed so no problems for the future?

I would think so.

Any idea why it did not update omvextraorg directly during upgrade?

Seems that the pre-release-upgrade script did not run to update the omv-extras repos. Not sure why. It worked on my test and production systems.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!