Scheduled Jobs Questions

• I'l trying to get a command to work on boot but the command does not work.

Any ideas why?

Code
    cd/ opt/Tautulli: python Tautulli.py

Also

Code
    cd/ opt/Jackett: mono --debug JackettConsole.exe
  • You would be better off running Tautulli and Jacket in dockers where what you want just happens all by itself.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If I can the Scheduled to run these on boot why why would I need docker?
    is it better to have docker? (ie. more programs running on the server)

• How did you install Jackett and Tautulli?

Jackett's dependency on Mono is more than enough reason for me to run it in a docker. Same thing with Radarr and Sonarr if you ever wind up using those too.

Also, either the forum software has mangled your commands, or they are just wrong to begin with.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Look at the commands you posted here.

Are you saying that you typed exactly those into a shell prompt and they worked?

--

• Your reply does not answer my question. You aren't showing me anything.

--

• Really thought it showed the command does not work and putty shows the correct dir

No than the above commands do not work in putty but I read somewhere I had to add : after the cd to dir.

• Well, you may have this working, but it is far from ideal.

What will you do if and when one of those programs crashes or otherwise needs to be restarted - reboot the server?

If you installed those programs via .deb packages, they should have come with the proper init scripts that can be configured to autostart them on boot. If they didn't come with those scripts, the packages are inferior and I wouldn't use them.

Dockers are still the way to go, especially with anything that depends on the monstrosity called Mono.

--

• Ask for help and you will get it. But just saying something does not work, without any details, isn't the way to do it.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!