Help with custom network setup

• Apologies if this has already been addressed. I did search, and could not find anything. My searching skill might also suck, so there's that.

I have two Del servers. Both of them have dual network interfaces.

Server 1: Dell Poweredge 2950, dedicated to OMV. IP address 192.168.101.25

Server 2: Dell Poweredge 2900, running Proxmox, with one of the guests being an instance of OMV, and having an IP address in the range of 192.168.101.x. I will export disks to this instance to act as a backup of the primary OMV system.

Now, both of theses servers have a spare, unused GigE port. I can assign the physical port on the virtualized OMV, that is not an issue.

What I am aiming for is to be able to use the spare ports on both machines to Rsync from the primary system to the secondary, so that the Rsync data is on it's own netowkr between the two systems, and is not traveling across my normal network. I imagine I would setup each port, say 192.168.102.x, on each one. and tell Rysnc to send all it's data over that, correct?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!