Dynamic DNS Services

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use no-ip.org but they have the same monthly login requirement. I ended up just paying (to avoid monthly login) because it was cheap.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Static IP. :geek:
    Setup subdomain on my TLD that is used for my rootserver with my static IP. :ugeek:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Erm, why not? :lol:
    Personal needs, do-it-yourself education, personal needs, do-it-yourself education.... ^^ (it hosts some webpages, nearly a dozen minecraft servers, teamspeak and much more...)

I share the monthly fee (59 €, now with the ram upgrade, 49 € before) with an ex trainee colleague. We initially ordered it as we were trainees and kept it since and upgraded it from a athlon xp to a i7-920 and in april or may this year to a i7-3770 and chose to pick the one with twice ram (32gb, 10 € more expensive). Ten days ago they anounced the new haswell based which includes 32gb right away :evil:

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Of course. But you're right, only 2TB, but they are now enterprise class! Or you could choose the SSD bundle with 2x240gb SSD.

Interesting, i found out yesterday that my server holds an i7-3770 instead of an i7-2600 ... ^^

This is mine: http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4s

S for doubled RAM...

And the new ones feature full Gbit with at least 200Mbit minimum connection! :geek:

Greetings
    David

• No-IP (http://www.noip.com) here! Paid to use with a custom domain.

It was cheaper then DynDNS. My tip is just start registering and stop when asking about payment method. They'll start sending you lots of discounts coupons ;)

That's what happened to me.

• I had EXACTLY this question the other day, after a good few years of using DynDNS, I found my subdomain had vanished, and then realised I'd used an old email address.....and then that I had to login every 30 days.

I started was looking at a variety of Dynamic providers - and being a user of OpenDNS, I use their DNSOMatic (http://www.dnsomatic.com) service to keep my network in line with OpenDNS - and DNSOMatic also updated my DynDNS for me - so I had a look at their list of services (http://www.dnsomatic.com/wiki/supportedservices) to see what I could find....

HOWEVER, whilst some were free, some required 30 day logins, or just didn't seem right, or didn't have the subdomain name I wanted, or a domain I liked :)

So, as I own quite a few domains, I thought laterally...

I decided to just pick ANY subdomain - in the end, I plumped for a subdomain off of anydns.com (from freedns.com) - I just need a non-expiring free dynamic record - name unimportant....

I then setup a CNAME from one of my domains to point to the A record for the dynamic anydns.com subdomain.
    Then I setup DNSOMatic.com to update the anydns.com record for me.

And it works :)

So I've got (a) the subdomain I wanted and (b) my own domain - which just point to the dynamic IP which is updated via my router updating DNSOMatic.

Job done :)

If you have a domain but no control over the DNS itself, consider hosting with domainmonster.com - they will host your domains for free if you transfer to them for renewals - and give you full DNS control :)

• Our Hetzner Domains allow us to control the DNS entrys for subdomains, too.

We use that too, but we have a static IP, so our subdomains route directly to our home IP address.

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Nice to see you posting again Pete.

:)

I lurk. To be fair, OMV tends to sit and "do it's job" until I think of something silly/geeky to do. I've just upgraded my LTO1 drive to an LTO3, and am presently backing up my shares to tape.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!