Can't create any shared folder

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't create any shared folder

Hello,

I tried it with a Cubietruck and with an OrangePi+ and get the same result X( :
      I installed the latest corresponding image on a SD card and used commands "omv-initsystem" and "omv-update" to configure the system and to get the latest software.
      I connected a SATA hard disk (/dev/sda) for the data storage. I created a BTRFS filesystem on this device.
      When I use the WEB UI to create a shared folder and try to select a device (this field is mandatory), I get an empty device list and I can't enter it manually ?( :

It does not matter if the hard disk is mounted or not!

Do I make a mistake or is it a software problem?

Thanks in advance,
      Michael
      Nobody is perfect!
      My name is NOT Nobody!
    • New

Hello Macom,

At some point, after x-th attempt to create a share regularly came the error message that the service "monit" could not be started executing command "systemctl reload monit.service". As I have noticed, the supplied version of "monit" (5.20.0-6) is controlled via "/etc/init.d/monit" and any attempt to start, restart or stop the service via systemctl exits with an error code. Therefore, I had disabled this file and installed the script "/lib/systemd/system/monit.service" from the source code of a newer version (5.25.2). Of course that did not bring, because the old binary version is not suitable for it. Then I restored the old state and ran "systemctl daemon-reload". And then suddenly it worked ...

This solves the problem for me. :)

And in the next thread I'll report about further problems that have occurred afterwards. First, I need some time to examine them. ?( X(

Michael
      Nobody is perfect!
      My name is NOT Nobody!
    • New

Hello again,

After writing my comment here, I wanted to continue to investigate the errors because I found some time to spend for it. I just wanted to change the "Auto logout" time to 30 minutes so I would not be kicked out all the time. Pressing the button "Apply" caused the same error message again. It does not help (anymore) to execute "systemctl daemon-reload". ... Shit.

Nobody is perfect!
      My name is NOT Nobody!