Error when deleting shared folder

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Error when deleting shared folder

Only a while after removing a broken external disk, I wanted to clean up the configuration. Removed sharing from services/SMB, then wanted to delete the shared folder (to be able to remove the disk). When selecting delete ("Löschen") and applying I received a popup with the following content:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'sharedfolders-Elements.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '4': Failed to start sharedfolders-Elements.mount: Access deniedSee system logs and 'systemctl status sharedfolders-Elements.mount' for details.
      2. Fehler #0:
      3. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'sharedfolders-Elements.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '4': Failed to start sharedfolders-Elements.mount: Access denied
      4. See system logs and 'systemctl status sharedfolders-Elements.mount' for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      5. Stack trace:
      6. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 4)
      7. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(104): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)
      8. #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sharedfolders.inc(59): OMV\System\SystemCtl->enable(true)
      9. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSharedfolders->startService()
      10. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      11. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      12. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      13. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusJd...', '/tmp/bgoutputEj...')
      14. #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      15. #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      16. #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      17. #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      18. #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      19. #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      20. #14 {main}
      21. [b][/b][i][/i][u][/u][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][s][/s]
      22. [b][/b][i][/i][u][/u][sub][/sub][sup][/sup][s][/s]
      Display All

systemctl status sharedfolders-Elements.mount yields:

Source Code

1. ● sharedfolders-Elements.mount - Mount shared folder Elements to /sharedfolders/Elements
      2. Loaded: error (Reason: Operation not permitted)
      3. Active: inactive (dead)
      4. Where: /sharedfolders/Elements
      5. What: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/.
      6. Jun 09 15:20:11 hpms systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-Elements.mount:7] Failed to add required mount "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/.", ignoring: Operation n
      7. Jun 09 15:20:11 hpms systemd[1]: sharedfolders-Elements.mount: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Access denied
      8. Jun 09 15:20:12 hpms systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-Elements.mount:7] Failed to add required mount "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/.", ignoring: Operation n
      9. Jun 09 15:20:12 hpms systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-Elements.mount:7] Failed to add required mount "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/.", ignoring: Operation n
      10. Jun 09 15:20:12 hpms systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-Elements.mount:7] Failed to add required mount "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/.", ignoring: Operation n
      11. Jun 09 15:20:12 hpms systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-Elements.mount:7] Failed to add required mount "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/.", ignoring: Operation n
      12. Jun 09 15:20:12 hpms systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-Elements.mount:7] Failed to add required mount "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/.", ignoring: Operation n
      Display All

The disk mentioned in the systemctl command above (/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elements4TB/) is still there (not the failed one) and seems to work correctly.

What to do?

Recently I had upgraded from OMV3 to 4, which seemed to proceed without any errors.
      HP Microserver, 4 x 6 TB WD Red ext4, no RAID, 4 USB3 drives (ext4 + NTFS), OMV 4.1.8.2-1 , SSD for OS, SD-Card with Grub
    • New

Can't anybody help?

Basically, the system works, but I am stuck in the current configuration. Whenever I want to change it, I receive errors, i.e. the one above.

Maybe I had phrased my article not very well. "Deleting Shared Folder" probably should have been phrases as "removing …" meaning "removing the reference to it, not the contents". Unfortunately, I did not find a fast way to change the language of the OMV Web interface. Wanted to change the language from German to English, but didn't see the switch - seem I am blind … (I wanted to be able to use the proper English wording from the OMV Web interface)

I had replaced the broken external USB3 disk by a new one. Now tried to ignore my failed attempts to remove the old broken disk from the configuration and wanted to add the new one. When trying to mount the file system, I get:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl reload 'monit' 2>&1' with exit code '1': monit.service is not active, cannot reload.

Well, it was rather easy to find similar errors in the forum. From a message of votdev, it seemed, that this was fixed in 4.18.1. I already have updated to this version. I also have tried:

Source Code

1. root@hpms:~# systemctl enable monit
      2. monit.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.
      3. Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable monit
      4. root@hpms:~#

The error stays …
      HP Microserver, 4 x 6 TB WD Red ext4, no RAID, 4 USB3 drives (ext4 + NTFS), OMV 4.1.8.2-1 , SSD for OS, SD-Card with Grub
    • New

Please ignore the error about monit. It is gone. Seems I was confused about versions or had forgotten one reboot (although I was sure …).

Nevertheless, I am stuck with my configuration. Mounting the new disk did work in the web-UI. But adding it to Shared folders and applying yielded in the error from the first message above. And Removing the missing file system (from broken disk) from Shared Folders the same.