Docker error

• I had docker working perfectly with plex etc- no dramas.

I've got luks encryption so followed some guides using dropbear to remote unlock- that is working now too.

But now docker isn't working- I can't quite work out the connection between the two- this is the error

Code
    Error #0:
    OMVModuleDockerException: Error: "Operation timed out after 30001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received" - Code: 28 in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:73
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php(196): OMVModuleDockerUtil::doApiCall('http://localhos...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(211): OMVModuleDockerUtil::getImageList(42005, true)
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->getImages(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getImages', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getImages', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Along with a 'Bad Gateway' error. I had set a static IP in initramfs.conf- I deleted that and put a manual IP in my router (so I could still SSH in to unlock on a static IP), no difference.

Help please- thanks.

• Update- got impatient so though I'd just reinstall.

Bad idea- incomplete uninstall via OMV, locked apt-get, manual reboots and apt remove are also unsuccessful.

Something bad seems to have happened- this is the error on reinstall-

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like docker is starting before you unlock the filesystem. Try adding a systemd override file that makes the docker service wait for the local filesystem.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sounds like docker is starting before you unlock the filesystem. Try adding a systemd override file that makes the docker service wait for the local filesystem.

Thanks for the post ryecoaaron, have you got a link to help me through creating such a file?

Also- is there any significance to these error messages-

Your kernel does not support swap memory limit
    Your kernel does not support cgroup rt period
    Your kernel does not support cgroup rt runtime

• Offizieller Beitrag

have you got a link to help me through creating such a file?

No but it would look something like:
    sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/override.conf
    add these lines:
    [Unit]
    After=local-fs.target

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• No but it would look something like:
    sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/override.conf
    add these lines:
    [Unit]
    After=local-fs.target

No luck unfortunately, same errors.

Trying to uninstall the plugin via GUI again just seems to break things.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No luck unfortunately, same errors.

That was just a guess. You could try other targets like multi-user.target

Trying to uninstall the plugin via GUI again just seems to break things.

Errors? I would remove it from the command line for better output.

• That was just a guess. You could try other targets like multi-user.target

Thanks for spending time on this ryecoaaron- appreciate it.

I reinstalled with GUI after going through the motions manually removing and cleaning up (sorry didn't record the errors).

Docker survives reboots when I have no containers loaded. As soon as I run an image, it doesn't survive a reboot.

• Update from me- think I sorted it.

Not surprisingly it was probably my error all along in the end. With PUID/PGID I had created new users for the specific containers (plex, sonarr etc) under the group 'media', in an attempt to separate out users.

I changed this to my default user and group and have rebooted after loading each container- docker survives.

Thanks again ryecoaaron.

• Another update from me- ended up abandoning encrypted system drive and everything seems to be working OK with a dedicated docker user/group.

Even having an encrypted partition only for the config files meant settings weren't saved on reboots- it was just too complicated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!