Unexpected inconsistency error. OMV not loading

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unexpected inconsistency error. OMV not loading

Hi All,

I have been using OMV for several years now, I made one server in my office and at home; they have been working beautifully for several years. But at home, two days ago I noticed that the shares of the NAS are not longer accessible from my Windows PC.
      Today I turned on a monitor I have hooked to the NAS box and when I reboot the NAS I got several errors, the main error is about /dev/sdd1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY. I am attaching a capture from the screen of the monitor. I suspect the system HDD is failing or failed but not sure if it is something else. Let me know what are the possible fix. Maybe buying a new HDD and reinstalling the OMV?

Thanks,
      Images
      • 20180609_145507_small.jpg

183.06 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 26 times
    • flvinny521, thanks for your help but I think is quite obvious that if the system is asking to run a fsck it means that I already tried that, very helpful to remind me that.

Since my HDD seems to have failed on me and is the HDD where the system was installed, I have another questions to the OMV people or any other who wants to answer. I just bought a new drive, my OMV box already has a pool of 4 drives in RAID 6 with data. I don't want to lose what I have in those drives. What would be the procedure to install OMV in my new drive and still being able to keep and read/write in the previous shares I had in those drives?

Thanks.