LVM empty after disconnect and reconnect?!?!

• I have storage for my OMV to an iSCSI target. Everything working great. I thought I'd disconnect the iSCSI during the week when I'm not using the storage so the disk array can spin down (saving heat and energy).

I first stopped the samba service so the mount isn't in use:
    service samba stop

I then dismount the storage:
    umount /media/e6e5abfc-d17a-40fc-8641-59efccee676c

I then logout of the iSCSI target
    iscsiadm -m node -u

cool, the disks spin down.

So then I reconnect:

iscsiadm -m node -l

but now my LVM is completely empty! The physical disks are there, but the Logical Volume Management pages are completely empty! lvscan doesn't do anything.

WTH?!?! ?(

• comparing my current config.xml with a backup, looks like everything is there. I'm nervous to reboot. I'd like to have some explanation as to what happened, and, whether there is some other process I should be doing to cleanly mount/dismount the iSCSI target.

• Well, good news, reboot, and my volumes is back, though the LVM was inactive and I had to run 'lvchange'.

This *IS* reproduceable, so clearly my procedure is NOT GOOD. So, what's the proper method I should be using to disconnect an LVM from an iSCSI target?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!