Can't Start ubuntu:latest container

    • OMV 4.x

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Can't Start ubuntu:latest container

      I'm trying to fire up a vanilla ubuntu:latest, tried both xenial and bionic, and it doesn't start. There's no log either. it just says failed. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.12.17 PM.png

        77.33 kB, 1,996×316, viewed 98 times
      • Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.15.15 PM.png

        126.56 kB, 1,266×1,282, viewed 80 times
      NAS: 1x 120GB SSD (system) - 5x8TB Data - 8x4TB Old Data - ASROCK EPC612D4I 12core - 9201-16e
      Containers, Containers, Containers
    • Usually those type of container (Barr os) don’t have any applications. They must run interactively, something the plugin cannot do. You need to drop down to cli to start them.

      Anything in particular you want to do with this container?
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server
    • subzero79 wrote:

      Usually those type of container (Barr os) don’t have any applications. They must run interactively, something the plugin cannot do. You need to drop down to cli to start them.

      Anything in particular you want to do with this container?
      I want to run a python script permanently. This script is about a telegram bot, that allows to send torrents from telegram.

      Is a useful tool to semi-autodownload films, tv shows or another thing sending the torrents.

      I have this guide (in Spanish). The guide is based on the Synology OS.

      Maybe there are other options to do the same thing.
      Addicted to OMV

      The post was edited 1 time, last by tzinm ().

    • subzero79 wrote:

      Usually those type of container (Barr os) don’t have any applications. They must run interactively, something the plugin cannot do. You need to drop down to cli to start them.
      This :)


      tzinm wrote:

      I want to run a python script permanently.
      You can make your own dockerfile and generate your custom image you will start with entrypoint that use your script ;)
      I'm a Docker Technical Sales Professional.

      1 NAS OMV 4 (Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz, Asrock H110M-ITX, 24 Gb DDR4, 2*4 To Seagate Ironwolf Nas, 4*4 To WD red) -> Power consumption: 4 euros/month.
      1 Backup Server omv 4 (Intel G3930, 8 Gb DDR4, 6*4To WD blue)
      1 RPI 3 seedbox with omv 3.X
    • RPMan wrote:

      subzero79 wrote:

      Usually those type of container (Barr os) don’t have any applications. They must run interactively, something the plugin cannot do. You need to drop down to cli to start them.
      This :)

      tzinm wrote:

      I want to run a python script permanently.
      You can make your own dockerfile and generate your custom image you will start with entrypoint that use your script ;)
      I know this functionality about docker but I have to learn how can I implement what I want.

      First I will search a container that I can use for my goal.

      Thank you and @subzero79 for the reply.
      Addicted to OMV
    • tzinm wrote:

      First I will search a container that I can use for my goal.
      You can use that one, but your approach is partially wrong. Once you play around and have a working app, you need to transform all your steps into a Dockerfile so an image can be created and then run anywhere. You can read more in docker documentation on how to create apps, or look at the source code of other docker apps, like linuxserver etc.
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server
    • Can't Start ubuntu:latest container

      subzero79 wrote:

      tzinm wrote:

      First I will search a container that I can use for my goal.
      You can use that one, but your approach is partially wrong. Once you play around and have a working app, you need to transform all your steps into a Dockerfile so an image can be created and then run anywhere. You can read more in docker documentation on how to create apps, or look at the source code of other docker apps, like linuxserver etc.


      Now I have some clues to start searching information.

      Thanks!
      Addicted to OMV